Businesses today need to carve out a space for themselves in the digital landscape and then use that presence to attract new traffic to their site. The world of consumerism has changed, and today it’s all about knowing how to attract and nurture. As businesses begin to look at ways of achieving this, they run into strategies like inbound marketing and SEO. These are two different approaches to increase your lead generating capabilities and nurture those leads to the point of conversion.
Often seen as separate but equal, SEO and inbound marketing can, and should, work seamlessly together to generate leads for your business. Here’s how it all works.
What Is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing can be defined as a strategy that leverages multiple forms of marketing to build brand awareness and attract traffic. In contrast to outbound marketing, which are direct attempts to contact customers, inbound strategies are more subtle and designed to engage and provide value to the audience. An inbound strategy might include:
- Content marketing strategy
- Lead nurturing through email
- Responsive social media outreach
- Conversion optimized landing pages
- In depth buyer persona analytics
What Is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a strategy that employs tactics to earn a priority spot in search engine queries. This is accomplished through an understanding of search engine algorithm ranking factors and knowing how to optimize your website and content to appeal to the likes of Google. A strategic approach to SEO includes:
- Keyword research
- Backlink strategy
- Content creation
- Directory listing and review management
- On-site optimization
- Optimizing your website for the user experience
How SEO and Inbound Marketing Work Together for Lead Generation
Let’s start by saying that search engine optimization is a necessity for success with your inbound marketing strategy. SEO attracts traffic to your website, which gives your inbound marketing strategy the chance to deliver results in the form of lead generation.
At the heart of any solid inbound marketing strategy is content, and this is where the major connection between SEO and inbound strategies exist. The relationship between SEO and content is so tightly forged that you simply can’t have one without the other if you’re looking for success online. High quality content requires SEO, and inbound marketing requires high quality content.
Are you beginning to see the connection?
There are more than a few ways that you can fire up your inbound marketing tactics by combining them with a search engine optimization strategy. Here are a few strategic approaches to get you started.
- Optimize all your content for SEO. This includes blog posts, emails, and content designed specifically for social media outreach.
- Make sure your website is optimized for SEO. Take a look at all the technical aspects and have its SEO performance tested by a digital marketing professional.
- Work on link building to enhance SEO and boost your inbound strategy at the same time.
- Don’t ignore the importance of local SEO strategies for your inbound marketing campaign by designing campaigns specifically for your local audience.
Work with a Growth Focused SEO Agency
Want to know the best ways to see the results you’re looking for with your digital strategy? Work with a growth focused SEO agency that knows exactly how search engine optimization and inbound marketing strategies can work together to fuel lead generation for your business. At My Creative Mark, we’re a team of lead generating professionals that know how to get results. Contact My Creative Mark today to learn more.